The Aransas Pass Chamber of Commerce is seeking businesses interested in receiving BinaxNow Rapid COVID-19 Testing Kits.
On Friday, January 22, 2021, Governor Abbott announced a Small Business COVID-19 Rapid Testing Program. The program invited the Aransas Pass Chamber of Commerce to participate in the distribution of free BinaxNow rapid COVID-19 tests to small businesses in our community. The program is part of the Nation’s Coronavirus Testing Strategy and designed to support the continued operation of small businesses in Texas.
The below interest survey results will be utilized to make a decision on whether or not our Chamber will participate.
Participating businesses are required to follow the program protocols which include:
- Identifying a test coordinator at your location who is responsible for completing a BinaxNow training
- Planning a test location and flow of individuals being tested to ensure proper social distancing
- Reporting every test that is used via program defined reporting application
- Utilizing 70% of test kits
- Creating a process for employees who test positive (ex. CDC Recommendations)
- Setting up test stations in a fashion that limits test subjects’ potential to contaminate the test area
- Obtaining gloves for test administration (not provided) and utilize PPE while administering tests
- Disposing of testing materials in accordance with the defined “medical waste for schools” protocol
Small businesses who are interested in participating and learning more about the program are encouraged to complete the survey linked below by Friday, February 12, 2021 at 5 PM.
Please note that indicating an interest in the program does not guarantee receipt of testing kits. Priority will be given to businesses that are located in Aransas Pass and/or Aransas Pass Chamber Members on a first-come-first-served basis. Membership with the Aransas Pass Chamber of Commerce is not required to utilize this program. The Chamber will begin notifying businesses of their selection to participate in the program by Tuesday, February 16, 2021 if majority of responses are in favor of the program.
The Aransas Pass Chamber of Commerce is providing this program as a service and is not responsible for the individual execution of the program by the businesses.
We encourage any interested business to view the full program details here: Texas Department of Emergency Management’s Full Program Details.